DO'S FOR A MEMBER:
- While joining an establishment, furnish details of previous employment if any, with previous Provident Fund a/c number and scheme certificate.
- In case of existing Provident Fund/ Pension a/c, apply for transfer of previous a/c number to the present a/c number.
- Ensure that employee furnishes form with details of previous Provident Fund a/c no. to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation.
- Execute form-2, in details of self, nominee for Provident Fund and pension and details of family and see that it is forwarded to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation by the employer.
- Ensure that particulars furnished are correct in all respects.
- Ensure that enrolment to Employees' Provident Fund/ Employees' Pension Scheme is done immediately on joining the establishment.
- Provident Fund is deducted at statutory rate from the total wages i.e. basic, D.A. and retaining allowance if any.
- If desirous of enhancing rate of contribution, inform the desire with the higher rate opted for to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation through employer and allow employer to deduct at enhanced rate from the wages.
- If the wages drawn is more than Rs. 6500/-, intimate your desire to contribute on the whole amount to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation through employer. Employer can also contribute on the whole amount drawn as wages under intimation to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation.
- Check up periodically with the employer that contribution and other charges are paid to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation and ensure it's correctness by verifying the form-3A (contribution card) maintained by the employer.
DON'TS FOR A MEMBER:
- Don't give false clarification and incorrect particulars to Employer and Employees Provident Fund Organisation.
- Don't fall victim to middlemen/ agents. Employees' Provident Fund Organization does not have any agent.
- Don't allow Employer to deduct his own share of contribution or administrative charges payable by him from the wages.
- Don't be a party to misclassified allowances, with a view to avoid payment of Provident Fund